KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
anthos314

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Post by anthos314 »

Choking Smoker wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:03 am I especially appreciate the upgrades to the first 2 BBC shows, they're the only live recordings available of the Beatles with Pete Best on drums and they're actually pretty listenable now.
I'm so happy I have found the updated BBC set again! I had it hidden in my old computer download folder. However it has the former source for the first two BBC shows. I know the Kick Kudos and Cash set has the new, better source, but I seem to recall Lord Reith posting the same files "edited" to fit in with the BBC set. Would anyone have the updated files by any chance?

Can't wait for a 2023 BBC Archives edition! Ah, if only I had a time machine...
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

anthos314 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:08 pm I know the Kick Kudos and Cash set has the new, better source, but I seem to recall Lord Reith posting the same files "edited" to fit in with the BBC set.
No, it might have been someone else. You can actually just copy the KKAC tracks into Vol.1 and change the track numbers (you might need to change the tags too if you use tags).
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

Lord Reith wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 11:25 pm
anthos314 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 1:08 pm I know the Kick Kudos and Cash set has the new, better source, but I seem to recall Lord Reith posting the same files "edited" to fit in with the BBC set.
No, it might have been someone else. You can actually just copy the KKAC tracks into Vol.1 and change the track numbers (you might need to change the tags too if you use tags).
Do you consider any of the other Pope BBC tapes to be upgrades from your sources?
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

JoeWadley wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:52 am Do you consider any of the other Pope BBC tapes to be upgrades from your sources?
All the stuff up till the version of From Me To You from easybeat is better quality than previous sources. After that only the July 63 Easybeat is better, and even then it is missing two songs.

That said, those tapes have tons of loud clicks and buzzes and other annoyances. I have fixed most of those though and will use them... eventually!
JoeWadley

Post by JoeWadley »

Lord Reith wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:30 am
JoeWadley wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:52 am Do you consider any of the other Pope BBC tapes to be upgrades from your sources?
All the stuff up till the version of From Me To You from easybeat is better quality than previous sources. After that only the July 63 Easybeat is better, and even then it is missing two songs.

That said, those tapes have tons of loud clicks and buzzes and other annoyances. I have fixed most of those though and will use them... eventually!
Thank you
inacastyetagain

Post by inacastyetagain »

Would you be so kind as to re-up the set? I missed it the first time around. Thank you for such great work!
baggiod

Post by baggiod »

inacastyetagain wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:01 pm Would you be so kind as to re-up the set? I missed it the first time around. Thank you for such great work!
Link good for 7 days hxxps://we.tl/t-ITWZqDXvVl
inacastyetagain

Post by inacastyetagain »

Thank you! much appreciated.
soupsandwitch

Post by soupsandwitch »

Does anybody have any insight into the way the tracks from the 1960 tapes might be properly grouped. It seems like (based on this compilation) track 17-20 are from what's usually considered to be the earlier march/april? session. Then 5-16 & 21-25 seem to me to be at least 2 distinct recordings. I don't know where the other instrumentals go though, so many other bootlegs have them all mixed up.

Belated thanks for this collection by the way, sounds incredible! :)
dmh84

Post by dmh84 »

This seems like a Holy Grail Beatleg!
May I please request another re-up?