KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
videoshack

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (2021 Expanded Edition)

Post by videoshack »

Could someone please post a fresh link for this bad boy? Thanks in advance.
Lord Reith

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Post by Lord Reith »

Hello folks...

I have recently updated and expanded Vol.4 of this set to include some upgrades and new material. This consists of:

* New audio source for the first two radio broadcasts. This is a little cleaner and less hissy than any previous source, from the collection of the late Joe Pope. A friend of mine acquired the tape and transferred it and kindly allowed me to use it. I believe Joe probably got these early BBC tracks from collectors in the UK some time in the second half of the 1970s. He gave a copy to another legendary fan, Eddie Suarez (also deceased), who is probably the one who then started trading them with collectors in the US. So most copies are quite a few generations down with ever increasing tape hiss each time. I think Purple Chick used Eddie's tape. The 1988 lp "The Beatles At The Beeb With Pete Best" was most fans' first exposure to these tracks, but it is very hissy indeed!

* Monty Lister interview. This is the uninterrupted interview from tape source. Seems to belong here. I will remove this from future editions of The BBC Archives.

* The unabridged EMI House actetate, recorded April 5th 1963. This makes a fine addition to this set as we hear all those years of hard work start to pay off. I love the gag from George when John asks "Who's on the mic?" George shoots back, "Mike? Probably Decca!" I came across this disc during an afternoon stroll last week when I got lost and stumbled upon a little head shop called Socks, Sandals And Strobe Candles. I asked if they had Summertime too but they were fresh out. I did however get some very nice new sandals, and they go great with my Yellow Submarine socks.

Because Vols 1-3 are the same as last year's version, I have uploaded them separately from the new Vol.4 So if you have last year's set KICKS KUDOS AND CASH (2021 Edition) the you only need download 4. If you're new to the set, download both. Truth be told though, the tagging for 1-3 is slightly different, so if you're feeling lazy you can just download them again instead of re-tagging.

I also just want to say thankyou to my good friend Count Balder of Felpin Mansions. Better known as the inventor of the dish rack, he is also a noted philanthropist and exponent of the lagerphone. He chairs the Beatles Good Works Foundation, which every year provides free Beatles albums to hundreds of disadvantaged children who - through no fault of their own - are born to parents who are Justin Bieber fans. Thankyou Count, for your valuable contribution to this project. APPLAUSE!!!

Volumes 1-3: https://tinyurl.com/expires-on-may-30

Volume 4 updated: https://tinyurl.com/expires-precisely-may-30

Enjoy! Image Image

Last edited by Lord Reith on Tue May 24, 2022 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
robbmacc

Post by robbmacc »

Thanks again and again for all you do. Amazing.
Gilbeatle

Post by Gilbeatle »

Thanks again, Lord !!
For

Post by For »

Thanx!!!!
harrythebannister

Post by harrythebannister »

Cheers
InnerLight

Post by InnerLight »

Thanks for the update. :)
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Thanks, LR!

Maybe I haven't been paying proper attention, but this is the first time I've heard anyone refer to the EMI House show as being acetate-sourced. I briefly compared the FMTY portion with what came out earlier this year (or at least the csnyfan-remastered version of that show) and this definitely has more chatter. Your write-up of the first two BBC shows is also interesting. I'm not sure I knew about the Joe Pope connection to these shows. Very interesting!
cliftdean74

Post by cliftdean74 »

What a nice Monday morning surprise! Thanks LR.
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Thanks for the update surprises!