KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Kwai Chang

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Post by Kwai Chang »

I've said it before...
then, I said it some more!
This forum is ultra blessed.
That Beatles Wig is just the beginning. Lord Reith is one of reasons that I love this forum.
It saves time to be in the company of wizards. If his name is on it, you need it.
Go on...right click...download to...ahhh! That's better.
Just remember...not all Beatles wigs wear wizards.
(Happiness not included)
KC
Rave O Lucien

Post by Rave O Lucien »

I'm happy these tapes exist at all, and feel blessed they've found their way to my computer.
This upgrade is a miracle.
Thank you for this generous share, Lord Reith!
When you've got it, jump up! ~ John Lennon
jackb

Post by jackb »

On the June 11, 1962 Here We Go, Ask Me Why, I hear static around 1:46 that I don't think was on earlier versions. Anyone else notice this? Thoughts?

Jack
risotelo

Post by risotelo »

Just amazing, thanks so much Lord Reith!
rhino

Post by rhino »

I thought I left a thank you Lord Reith, but I don't see it. Anyway, thanks very much !
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the updates. This is an important era, so it's nice when it can be added to.
csnyfan wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:26 pm Great to have the EMI show more complete & in lossless! Your EQ is somewhat anemic with a notch at 3kHz, though.
Not sure where the notch came from, it wasn't my doing anyway. I think the whole thing was recorded through the vocal mics, including the drums and guitars. It also picks up their boots stomping the beat on the wooden stage. So a pretty makeshift recording, and maybe The Beatles didn't even know it was being recorded.
ashwom1 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:52 pm Wonderful! Thank you Lord Reith.

A question about the Forthlin Road / Art College Tapes = I remember a few years ago there was a discussion about where these were recorded and I think the reason two distinct locations were decided upon was because George was present on some tracks, but not others. Have I mis-remembered this?

I see on the latest version (2021) all the tracks are now identified as possibly coming from the Art School. Is there any reason for this? Simply speculation, or has something come to light which throws the Forthlin Road identification into question?
I included a text file which goes into this but the Art College attribution is from Astrid Kircherr, who owned one of the tapes for decades, presumably recovered from Stu's belongings when he passed away. It's in Hunter davies bio (don't ask me where!)
TAKRL wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:49 pm Thanks for cooking my reel sources so well, Lord.
They were cooked in the kitchen of love. ThankYOU.
jackb wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:57 pm On the June 11, 1962 Here We Go, Ask Me Why, I hear static around 1:46 that I don't think was on earlier versions. Anyone else notice this? Thoughts?

Jack
Always been there, just more noticeable now. As are the clicks. There was also a heterodyne whistle but I took that out. I'll take out some of the clicks at a later point.

I also just want to say thankyou to my good friend Count Balder of Felpin Mansions. Better known as the inventor of the dish rack, he is also a noted philanthropist and exponent of the lagerphone. He chairs the Beatles Good Works Foundation, which every year provides free Beatles albums to hundreds of disadvantaged children who - through no fault of their own - are born to parents who are Justin Bieber fans. Thankyou Count, for your valuable contribution to this project. APPLAUSE!!!
Antonio218

Post by Antonio218 »

Many Thanks Lord. Much appreciated
Alessandro Rocchi

Post by Alessandro Rocchi »

Thank you very much, Lord Reith & Count Balder of Felpin Mansions !!! :D
Ale.
zzz777

Post by zzz777 »

Lord,
Thanks a lot for sharing the 2022 version!!
:D
Phil_Lip

Post by Phil_Lip »

Lord Reith wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:41 am
Not sure where the notch came from, it wasn't my doing anyway. I think the whole thing was recorded through the vocal mics, including the drums and guitars. It also picks up their boots stomping the beat on the wooden stage. So a pretty makeshift recording, and maybe The Beatles didn't even know it was being recorded.
Sounds like it was probably recorded on a portable device by an invited journalist. I guess he then had it pressed up as a very unique acetate for personal use only. So lucky we now have it.
Lord Reith wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:41 am
I also just want to say thankyou to my good friend Count Balder of Felpin Mansions. Better known as the inventor of the dish rack, he is also a noted philanthropist and exponent of the lagerphone. He chairs the Beatles Good Works Foundation, which every year provides free Beatles albums to hundreds of disadvantaged children who - through no fault of their own - are born to parents who are Justin Bieber fans. Thankyou Count, for your valuable contribution to this project. APPLAUSE!!!
Nurse!!!!! Nurse!!!!!
Most of my links are to OneDrive. However, OneDrive does impose a download limit and when this is reached displays a message that the files are deleted or have expired. Leave it a while and try again later.