KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (New! 2022 Update)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
mojofilter

Re: KICKS, KUDOS AND CASH (2021 Expanded Edition)

Post by mojofilter »

Got it now! Thank you!
Eye. Eyesore a girl in my dreams.
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Fab update LR! A million thanks! 8-)
—Keith
Egg_Crisis

Post by Egg_Crisis »

Track06 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:28 pm I enjoyed this, thanks.
Did you skip that 3rd, since 2016 4th segment of Puttin' On The Style because of it's fidelity?
I'm wondering if X Minus can remove the voiceovers?
HannibalTwin8

Post by HannibalTwin8 »

Thanks for the update, LR! Goes into my Thanksgiving listening. :D
podman

Post by podman »

Many thanks!
Lord Reith

Post by Lord Reith »

Thanks guys. :D
Rondordrecht193 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:39 am wow ... thank you Lord! can we delete the other versions?
Yep, delete away.
bobzilla wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:52 pm Thank you Lord Reith! Can't wait to listen to it today at work instead of being productive. :D
Ha!
Wonsaponatime wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:07 pm Thanks a lot, Lord Reith!
Are the files in the "You may also enjoy" folder updated versions?
No, same ones.
Egg_Crisis wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:05 pm I'm wondering if X Minus can remove the voiceovers?
No, I tried but you can't really retrieve music that is buried deep beneath a voiceover yet.
AllTogetherNow wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:12 pm If the boys have had LR:s expertise awailable They would have got somwhere :)
Ha! I guess we've all had the fantasy about discovering The Beatles. But who among us could have done what Epstein did for them? None of us I suspect. No Brian = No Beatles.
Yellowsubmarine wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:44 pm Thanks a lot!

It's the first time I see Cavern rehearsal dated late November 1962. What's the source of the info?
Lewisohn in Tune In gives a detailed account of ISHST being written between October 22-24 and finished off in Paul's front room when they got back from Hamburg (there's a famous photo of this). Since the song was fully formed by late December when they performed it at the Star Club, I think late November is the most likely time this tape was recorded. It is also reasonably likely they were taking stock of their original compositions in advance of their EMI session on the 26th. Somewhere on youtube there is a video of Mike McCartney on a tv programme in the early 80s where he talks at some length about a tape of them rehearsing and has to fend off a rabid Beatles fan who phones in to express his disatisfaction about it not being released. :lol: Was Mike talking about this tape? Did he record it? Only he knows.
masterjedi wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:47 pm Cool, LR! What did you end up using for the Braun and Kirchherr tracks?
I used Purple Chick for the instrumentals (because he had already removed the looping) and Wildcat for the others. Wildcat and You Might As Well Call Us The Quarrymen are from the same source (tape? Acetate?) but YMAWCUTQ has nicer eq. However when you apply the same eq to Wildcat it clearly shows better dynamics and transients, so that is what I used with some clicks removed with the Repair command in Audacity. I also used the extra little bits at the starts and ends of songs from The Braun-Kircher tapes and Purple Chick.

Maybe the 1960 vocals we have are from an acetate? There's what sounds like a huge scratch at one point in Hallelujah (I took it out, but it's audible on the other two cds). Along with the different room ambience this made me think for a moment, "Is this song actually a Percy Phillips acetate? Is One After 909 with the same loud Futurama guitar actually the lost Percy Phillips acetate of that song Lewisohn talks about?" I can't answer those questions of course, but it's food for thought.
badfinger54

Post by badfinger54 »

Thanks once more!!!
MrMurphMcgee

Post by MrMurphMcgee »

Cheers! Thank you.
noirbar

Post by noirbar »

Beautiful gift for Thanksgiving.

All best LR,

Michael
darod

Post by darod »

Thank you very much Lord Reith :)