O.P.D. - What'd would or wouldn't you do to restore Get Back acetate 1?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
yymca6

Re: O.P.D. - What'd would or wouldn't you do to restore Get Back acetate 1?

Post by yymca6 »

paul62 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 pm I've got this one, a version that uses one channel only. "Across The Universe" isn't on the LP, though it's listed on the cover art...!!!

(I had my copy signed by Billy Preston after seeing him perform (exactly one year after John was killed)).

Kinda weird set that looks like a merge of compilations 1 and 2 (The Walk is on 1 but not the three other compilation) while One After 909 starts Compilation 2 to 4.
Yves
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

paul62 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 pm (I had my copy signed by Billy Preston after seeing him perform (exactly one year after John was killed)).

Cool memories Paul!! 8-)
—Keith
Moptop

Post by Moptop »

Doug wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:54 pm See

https://www.beatleg.online/get-back-lemon
@Doug - Isn't this non Lemon slick for a pressing with only a single channel version of the Lemon release without the Across the Universe track. I don't think that either has the OPD- Acetate #2 ~May 1969 material

Get Back - Lemon Records - Compilation

Get Back - 12 Track Compilation

With regards to the original poster's query, this is probably little that can be done to recreate the missing channel , save a new rip or tape of the original becoming availlable.

RMW usually does a good job at speed corrected, so all that is left is a cleanup .

It would be good for any clean, speed corrected version to be circulated with the raw rip, until a new source is located.
Doug

Post by Doug »

Moptop wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:11 pm @Doug - Isn't this non Lemon slick for a pressing with only a single channel version of the Lemon release without the Across the Universe track. I don't think that either has the OPD- Acetate #2 ~May 1969 material
You're correct on both counts.
Moptop

Post by Moptop »

Doug wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:53 pm
Moptop wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:11 pm @Doug - Isn't this non Lemon slick for a pressing with only a single channel version of the Lemon release without the Across the Universe track. I don't think that either has the OPD- Acetate #2 ~May 1969 material
You're correct on both counts.
Good and Thanks for the confirmation @Doug. It is so easy to go GB blind/deaf when listening to all these variations.
Track06

Post by Track06 »

One After 909 sample, speed+EQ
hxxps://we.tl/t-HFYp7K5Brr
Worth doing the rest?
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Track06 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:53 pm One After 909 sample, speed+EQ
hxxps://we.tl/t-HFYp7K5Brr
Worth doing the rest?
Yours sounds definitely better than RMW648 but still need de-cracking and de-hissing. RMW648 is stereo though according to Audacity.

Once it is done, can you make it a twin channel version? I guess by copying the left channel in the empty right channel in Audacity, right?

P.S. Check this version O.P.D. I have (stereo according to Audacity). hxxps://we.tl/t-dt7pKbS2uY
Yves
Moptop

Post by Moptop »

yymca6 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:12 pm
Yours sounds definitely better than RMW648 but still need de-cracking and de-hissing. RMW648 is stereo though according to Audacity.

Once it is done, can you make it a twin channel version? I guess by copying the left channel in the empty right channel in Audacity, right?

P.S. Check this version O.P.D. I have (stereo according to Audacity). [url]hxxps://we.tl/t-dt7pKbS2uY[/url]
O.P.D is reported as being a single track of a stereo image. Does this raise issues about the validity of the Stereo versions?

@RMW- Is your version a recreation or an RMW version of a vinyl rip?

Does anyone here have a verified vinyl rip of OPD?

Thanks in advance for any input.
paul62

Post by paul62 »

yymca6 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:34 am Kinda weird set that looks like a merge of compilations 1 and 2 (The Walk is on 1 but not the three other compilation) while One After 909 starts Compilation 2 to 4.
Both the cover art and the album could be good ones to recreate, using the best possible sources, Yves!!
powerPC wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:58 am Cool memories Paul!! 8-)
They are, indeed, Keith!! I had a few things signed by Billy, including a vintage U.S. Apple LP of "That's The Way God Planned It".
"Dedicated Downloader Of Beatlegs"...!!! (Raymond Douglas Davies, Paul Sixtytwo)

And when he does
His little rounds
'Round the forums
We have around
Eagerly pursuing
All the latest vids and discs
'Cause he's a dedicated downloader of Beatlegs!