BEATLES LET IT BE 50th DELUXE- WHAT'S NEW?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
kolive

Re: BEATLES LET IT BE 50th DELUXE- WHAT'S NEW?

Post by kolive »

ah of course not in the bootleg section!
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

It'll be nice to see if Twickenham material will be in some form of stereo for the documentary. None of the Twickenham material on the box set was as good as what I have in mono and stereo already.
mikec

Post by mikec »

batdude98 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:18 pm I am still excited for the set regardless of cock-ups, but I understand the frustrations.

Mike or anybody else, do you happen the know the 2007 DDSI numbers for the new (and old) material? Would love to compile an expanded version of what I've already got, like I've done with each anniversary release to date, and I have the LIB outtakes organized by DDSI number on my main Deluxe set...
Hi!
I've tried to put the Roll number and recording date in my review for easy finding, but not too deep to avoid the review be so nerdy or boring, and the thing why I didn't use those DDSI numbers is because a) my review was intended for the general readers so even including the Nagra rolls sounds boring for many, imagine if I put those numbers that b) sometimes don't match depending on the list you have in hand or the Bootleg you have, and I didn’t wanted to say that "X" rehearsal is (for example) 21.15 but in some bootleg it is actually 21.13 or 21.14 or 21.16, etc. The separations that you request were made with a personal criterion, in addition to that they do not always coincide with what we have in our collections; the page http://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/ can be a good reference but even there many numbers do not coincide with those of 'NEW BLUE SOAP' or with "Glyn Johns Get Back Sessions Multitrack Reels" or the official “LIB50th” to give you some examples, those separate numbers were created but the Rolls numbers come from the film crew that nobody can modify, that's why they are in my review.

To give you an idea of how my review would have looked if I had entered those numbers, here is just an example: (following the page http://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/)

Disc 3 - Rehearsals & Apple Jams
“On the Day Shift Now”:
00:01-00:04- 2.03
00:05-00:07- 2.04
00:08-00:18 2.19
00:18-00:22- 2.15 + 2.16
(It would have been too confusing for many fans and the review would be too long)

What this new official collection also gave us is much more information about which takes were actually recorded on the 8-track tapes, to correct what was previously thought correct, such as EMI Tape E90498-8T which is the one that really includes “Get Back 27.52 ”, and not EMI Tape E90497 as stated for years among fans (there are slight errors on January 27, 1969 where there are many DDSI numbers missing from what was actually recorded and what was not, on tapes E90497, 98 and 99, for example).
And now we also know that there is another 8-track tape from January 25, 1969 that contains the following DDSI numbers 25.58-63 (previously un-documented)
Best Regards.
jpgrcat

Post by jpgrcat »

Have to get the Book....Tape Box notes are very important!

There need to be a Book with photos of every
Beatles, NEMS, Apple, & EMI related Tape box,
& Record Labels, of Rare stuff....

Some stuff are posted on Facebook

By the way the LP Picture Disc is still available at Abbey Road Studios site
Huge Beatles Fan & collector Anything Beatles/Solo related,

which includes NEMS, Apple, Dark Horse, Ring'O, & MPL Labels

Beach Boys/Related, & The Byrds/CSNY/Related..& many other acts
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

jpgrcat wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:32 pm Have to get the Book....Tape Box notes are very important!

There need to be a Book with photos of every
Beatles, NEMS, Apple, & EMI related Tape box,
& Record Labels, of Rare stuff....
You may have already seen, but this site has a lot of them (not all). https://www.beatlesource.com/bs/mains/index.html

Pretty cool collection 8-)
—Keith
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

mikec wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:10 pm
batdude98 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:18 pm I am still excited for the set regardless of cock-ups, but I understand the frustrations.

Mike or anybody else, do you happen the know the 2007 DDSI numbers for the new (and old) material? Would love to compile an expanded version of what I've already got, like I've done with each anniversary release to date, and I have the LIB outtakes organized by DDSI number on my main Deluxe set...
Hi!
I've tried to put the Roll number and recording date in my review for easy finding, but not too deep to avoid the review be so nerdy or boring, and the thing why I didn't use those DDSI numbers is because a) my review was intended for the general readers so even including the Nagra rolls sounds boring for many, imagine if I put those numbers that b) sometimes don't match depending on the list you have in hand or the Bootleg you have, and I didn’t wanted to say that "X" rehearsal is (for example) 21.15 but in some bootleg it is actually 21.13 or 21.14 or 21.16, etc. The separations that you request were made with a personal criterion, in addition to that they do not always coincide with what we have in our collections; the page http://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/ can be a good reference but even there many numbers do not coincide with those of 'NEW BLUE SOAP' or with "Glyn Johns Get Back Sessions Multitrack Reels" or the official “LIB50th” to give you some examples, those separate numbers were created but the Rolls numbers come from the film crew that nobody can modify, that's why they are in my review.

To give you an idea of how my review would have looked if I had entered those numbers, here is just an example: (following the page http://getbacksessions.blogspot.com/)

“On the Day Shift Now”:
(It would have been too confusing for many fans and the review would be too long)

What this new official collection also gave us is much more information about which takes were actually recorded on the 8-track tapes, to correct what was previously thought correct, such as EMI Tape E90498-8T which is the one that really includes “Get Back 27.52 ”, and not EMI Tape E90497 as stated for years among fans (there are slight errors on January 27, 1969 where there are many DDSI numbers missing from what was actually recorded and what was not, on tapes E90497, 98 and 99, for example).
And now we also know that there is another 8-track tape from January 25, 1969 that contains the following DDSI numbers 25.58-63 (previously un-documented)
Best Regards.
Actually I thought there was a point in time on the 27th that they had the cameras stop filming while they worked out the song better. If the cameras turned off the nagra recorders most likely were stopped too so anything caught on multitrack in that time would have been lost in DDSI numbers
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

Does anyone have a copy of the Blu Ray material yet? I can't play my Blu Ray disc. Just like the Lennon POB box set one, my Blu Ray player for some reason can't read the discs.
powerPC

Post by powerPC »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:45 pm Does anyone have a copy of the Blu Ray material yet? I can't play my Blu Ray disc. Just like the Lennon POB box set one, my Blu Ray player for some reason can't read the discs.
DK, I sent you a PM with some info on this
—Keith
Darth Kybiel

Post by Darth Kybiel »

powerPC wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:23 pm
Darth Kybiel wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:45 pm Does anyone have a copy of the Blu Ray material yet? I can't play my Blu Ray disc. Just like the Lennon POB box set one, my Blu Ray player for some reason can't read the discs.
DK, I sent you a PM with some info on this
Thank you very much!!!! I get annoyed when I get some of these box sets that have like DVD or Blu Ray type discs that for whatever reasons don't wanna play on any of my players. Sometimes I ask people and get told to buy a newer player when my DVD and Blu Ray were new players when I bought them a couple years ago. LOL I even tried to borrow a Blu Ray external drive to try to play the disc and got a message saying that it was the wrong file format. I honestly tried for several days to find a way to play the disc before asking. Thanks again!
Oleg Vostyakov

Post by Oleg Vostyakov »

mikec wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:10 pm

Hi!

“On the Day Shift Now”:

Best Regards.
Thank you very much!!!! It is a huge work!
Scores on The Beatles music- https://musescore.com/artist/the_beatles-129358
The program of training me as a musician: https://musescore.com/courses/music-composition