PLASTIC ONO BAND 2021 BOX SET-THE NEW TRACKS

Discuss official releases and re-issues. The only links allowed here are to the Beatles YouTube channel or other band-sanctioned platforms.
ennolenno

Re: PLASTIC ONO BAND 2021 BOX SET-THE NEW TRACKS

Post by ennolenno »

mikec wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:58 pm [...] What you mention between 01:10 and 01:25 is the same thing you can hear on Blu Ray / Digital (“Studio Demo”/Take 1) between 02:47 and 03:25, only in Evolution it's edited without you noticing it and it's Take 1 with Harrison on the electric guitar.
Ha! Of course, you are right! Those 15 seconds consist of two more fragments from the end of take 1.
When I compared the Evolution mix to the complete take 1, I should have listened to tk1 till the end. :roll: :lol:
Patrick Healy

Post by Patrick Healy »

What bootleg releases are you referring to for the demos and alternate takes?
maul

Post by maul »

The oldest are: https://www.discogs.com/it/John-Lennon- ... se/4432295
https://www.discogs.com/it/John-Lennon- ... e/12307519
https://www.discogs.com/it/John-Lennon- ... se/5940389

some new: https://www.discogs.com/it/John-Lennon- ... e/13501916
https://www.giginjapan.com/john-lennon- ... mixes-1cd/

Misterclaudel/Original Master Series' Box have everything from POB sessions, but in dubious quality (Mono or lossy super-compressed) and wrong numbering/order https://www.discogs.com/it/John-Lennon- ... se/6732555

a couple of demos are also on "You Become Naked 6" by Lord Reith

The latest high quality upgraded releases (regarding only Remember, Love and Hold On) are the ones from TMOQ/HMC (shared here in some posts around ;) :
HMC 048 -Vol.36 John Lennon - Holy Grails, Upgrades & Reconstructions Vol 3
HMC 049 -Vol.37 John Lennon - Holy Grails, Upgrades & Reconstructions Vol 4
HMC 051 -Vol.39 John Lennon - Holy Grails, Upgrades & Reconstructions Vol 5
mikec

Post by mikec »

maul wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:21 pm PUZZLING OUT ‘’LOVE’’
‘Love’ is definitely the most difficult song to solve it out: a considerable number of circulating bootleg takes, poor, confused, contradictory or absent documentations, takes numbered twice, mistaken announcements :lol: : a bit of everything :?

E99853
HMC’s numbering is correct for the first five takes, then it becomes wrong
Interesting to know that HMC’s ‘track 9’ is ‘’Look At Me’’ Take 1 (False Start)
HMC released the complete ‘Love’s recordings content of this reel, in correct order.

LOVE - SIMPLIFIED COMPARISON AND CONVERSION TABLE
> Reel E99854 and E99855 may have some incorrect timings due to unreadable or poor documentation

Actually HMC’s Track 9 is “Look at Me” Take 4 (only a fragmented portion is present), even with that small 3-second warm-up which is not a false start. A longer snippet of this same Take 4 is also available on the POB 50 Box set inside the Evolution documentary in an experimental double-tracked take, but you can hear on both HMC and POB the exact same ending and also the post-take chat.
From the actual Take 1 we only have a few seconds of chat on the Evolution Documentary from 1:39 to 1.44, after that, Take 3 is played (and double-tracked Take 4 follows at 2:41)
maul

Post by maul »

mikec wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:35 pm
E99853
HMC released the complete ‘Love’s recordings content of this reel, in correct order.
Actually HMC’s Track 9 is “Look at Me” Take 4 (only a fragmented portion is present), even with that small 3-second warm-up which is not a false start. A longer snippet of this same Take 4 is also available on the POB 50 Box set inside the Evolution documentary in an experimental double-tracked take, but you can hear on both HMC and POB the exact same ending and also the post-take chat.
From the actual Take 1 we only have a few seconds of chat on the Evolution Documentary from 1:39 to 1.44, after that, Take 3 is played (and double-tracked Take 4 follows at 2:41)
Thanks for the infos; it all makes sense, i already noticed the corresponding post dialogues, but the fact is that i don’t TOTALLY trust neither in POB’s Evolution Mixes crafted ‘collages’ :? nor in the booklet :roll: , and for this reasons, i’d never wanted to venture into an analysis of the frightening and treacherous :lol: Evolution Mixes’, but it seems you did it 8-)
I’m asking: admitting that a large portion matches to Evolution Mix ‘’Take 4’’, are we really sure the first ten seconds of HMC’s Track 9 could not be from the 'fingerpicked' Take 1?
mikec

Post by mikec »

maul wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:03 pm
E99853
Thanks for the infos; it all makes sense, i already noticed the corresponding post dialogues, but the fact is that i don’t TOTALLY trust neither in POB’s Evolution Mixes crafted ‘collages’ :? nor in the booklet :roll: , and for this reasons, i’d never wanted to venture into an analysis of the frightening and treacherous :lol: Evolution Mixes’, but it seems you did it 8-)
I’m asking: admitting that a large portion matches to Evolution Mix ‘’Take 4’’, are we really sure the first ten seconds of HMC’s Track 9 could not be from the 'fingerpicked' Take 1?
Hi!.
John's playing in the first seconds of track 09 at HMC fits perfectly with Take 4; however not with Take 2 or 3. “I'll strum it” John says “maybe” at the beginning of Take 1 (a false start that we don't have). But that dialogue can’t be from any other take rather than that for this reason:
It appears that the initial four takes of “Look At Me” were recorded by stopping the tape before starting the next one. Takes 2 and 3 were not captured in full at the beginning (as we can hear on POB 50) and the dialogue of Take 4 (in HMC's Track 09) also lets us hear when the tape is started again and what follows matches with Take 4 from Evolution.I wish we could have more of this session soon.
mikec

Post by mikec »

mikec wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 11:57 pm
maul wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 7:03 pm
Hi!.
John's playing in the first seconds of track 09 at HMC fits perfectly with Take 4; however not with Take 2 or 3. “I'll strum it” John says “maybe” at the beginning of Take 1 (a false start that we don't have). But that dialogue can’t be from any other take rather than that for this reason:
It appears that the initial four takes of “Look At Me” were recorded by stopping the tape before starting the next one. Takes 2 and 3 were not captured in full at the beginning (as we can hear on POB 50) and the dialogue of Take 4 (in HMC's Track 09) also lets us hear when the tape is started again and what follows matches with Take 4 from Evolution.I wish we could have more of this session soon to fully verify.
Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

So what's the right order of 'Hold On', 'Love' and 'Remember' takes?

May anybody please post the results of research? Thanks in advance!
maul

Post by maul »

Yellowsubmarine wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:06 pm So what's the right order of 'Hold On', 'Love' and 'Remember' takes?

May anybody please post the results of research? Thanks in advance!
After a couple of small adjustments, i (still) rely ;) on these tabs (they seem to me to be at least a strong basis for any further refinement) :

Yellowsubmarine

Post by Yellowsubmarine »

Thanks a lot!!!