Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
20YearsAgo

Re: Time to exhume the Core - May be familiar to some

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Correct link for "Make As Much Noise As You Like": hxxps://we.tl/t-f1v5EwRPQm
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Can You Hear Me? is the same as the album from the same name on Secret Garden Records (also issued in 2005), except it lacks its Track 59.
Yves
Suzy Parlourphone

Post by Suzy Parlourphone »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:18 pm Correct link for "Make As Much Noise As You Like": hxxps://we.tl/t-f1v5EwRPQm
Thank you! That one worked! :D
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

For those (like me) who usually add artwork to their audio files, do not even dare trying to add artwork to "Make As Much Noise As You Like".

I tried with Tag Editor and MP3 Tag and all it does is erase everything except the file names...

I tried to convert the FLAC files into "new" FLACs, both with XLD and with Adshare Audio Converter, no changes. The artwork cannot be added.
Yves
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

yymca6 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:41 pm For those (like me) who usually add artwork to their audio files, do not even dare trying to add artwork to "Make As Much Noise As You Like".

I tried with Tag Editor and MP3 Tag and all it does is erase everything except the file names...

I tried to convert the FLAC files into "new" FLACs, both with XLD and with Adshare Audio Converter, no changes. The artwork cannot be added.
Um, I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Is this about my share? I ripped this disc myself off a silver earlier this year. The artwork consists of scans I made of the disc and packaging. Surely, you're not suggesting that people shouldn't include actual artwork when sharing rips they make.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:56 pm
yymca6 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:41 pm For those (like me) who usually add artwork to their audio files, do not even dare trying to add artwork to "Make As Much Noise As You Like".

Um, are you accusing me of f#ckery? I ripped this disc myself off a silver earlier this year. The artwork consists of scans I made of the disc and packaging.
Hey man relax. There is no problem with your scans at all.

It happens once in a while that FLAC files do not accept artwork.

Just try it for fun. Add your front cover to your files using any tagging application and save the results.
Yves
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

20YearsAgo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:56 pm

Um, I'm not quite sure what you're saying. Is this about my share? I ripped this disc myself off a silver earlier this year. The artwork consists of scans I made of the disc and packaging. Surely, you're not suggesting that people shouldn't include actual artwork when sharing rips they make.
I am not "not suggesting that people shouldn't include actual artwork when sharing rips they make".

Read my post again, it is only there to make sure people don't erase all the tags after adding the artwork.

If you would know me and my posts you would know that I often complete the tagging process on some hares and that I share my results.

So even if you made changes to your initial attacking post, I'm still shocked with your reaction.

Case closed!
Yves
Track06

Post by Track06 »

Thanks 20YearsAgo.
Can You Hear Me? (JFC Records and Tapes JFC 006)(2005)(20YearsAgo)
and
Make As Much Noise As You Like (FLO Records FLO 006)(2000)(20YearsAgo)
added.
Will have to check and think about the others.
ruudcash's was already in place, but just in the folder, not the list. It is presumably an upgrade from Rumitape and more. Your clone seems closer to the real thing (lossless 44.1kHz) than the alleged rip of the original we had before (lossy 22.05kHz) :roll:

EDIT: @Yves: I added images (not that 10MB cover) to those flacs (which I normally don't do for at least 4 reasons) using foobar2000 without an issue.
yymca6

Post by yymca6 »

Track06 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:01 pm EDIT: @Yves: I added images (not that 10MB cover) to those flacs (which I normally don't do for at least 4 reasons) using foobar2000 without an issue.
Thanks for telling me.
I did not check the size of the original image.
I've narrowed it to approximately 1400*1400 and it worked perfectly with a smaller image.

I'll remember this one for sure.
Yves
20YearsAgo

Post by 20YearsAgo »

Track06 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:01 pm Thanks 20YearsAgo.
Can You Hear Me? (JFC Records and Tapes JFC 006)(2005)(20YearsAgo)
and
Make As Much Noise As You Like (FLO Records FLO 006)(2000)(20YearsAgo)
added.
Will have to check and think about the others.
ruudcash's was already in place, but just in the folder, not the list. It is presumably an upgrade from Rumitape and more. Your clone seems closer to the real thing (lossless 44.1kHz) than the alleged rip of the original we had before (lossy 22.05kHz) :roll:
I noticed the ruudcash after I already posed the share. I'm in the process of ripping my "Puttin' on the Style" disc. It's an original silver. Something in the back of my memory though tells me that Black Dog used lossy sources for this one. We'll find out soon enough, I guess.