Any Early Ringo Boots?

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
AllTogetherNow

Re: Any Early Ringo Boots?

Post by AllTogetherNow »

Weird. I tried the link again today and it works. Yesterday it was asking for a decryption key (and yes, I changed xx to tt). Thanks for the reup though ATN!

You are welcome

Regards

ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

AllTogetherNow wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:14 pm Weird. I tried the link again today and it works. Yesterday it was asking for a decryption key (and yes, I changed xx to tt). Thanks for the reup though ATN!

You are welcome

Regards

ATN
Do you have any other Ringo boots ATN??
Cheers
Mike
AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

mitchellmichael wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:56 pm
AllTogetherNow wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:14 pm Weird. I tried the link again today and it works. Yesterday it was asking for a decryption key (and yes, I changed xx to tt). Thanks for the reup though ATN!

You are welcome

Regards

ATN
Do you have any other Ringo boots ATN??
Any Interst of this?
Taken from the text file:
Ringo - Deluxe Edition

PL020

This has been a long time coming but finally here is the latest release in my deluxe series. This was one of the first albums I wanted to do. As well as some genuine alternative versions and singles there are plenty of bootleg albums devoted to it. Unfortunately, when I started selecting tracks for the album, I realised much of what was available was mainly duplication with little more than minor mixing differences and secondly, most of the available tracks suffer from severe tape wobble.

With this in mind, I narrowed down what I would include to the tracks mainly on the Mistral release 'With a little help from John, Paul & George', with a few added from elswhere. The tracks have all been speed corrected (more of which later), phase corrected and re-equed, with one or two requiring much more extensive work.

As ever, comments, suggestions and constructive critisism are welcome.

Disc 1

Tracks 1-13 The original album and single mixes. The fist thing to note here is the differences between the US release on Capitol and the UK release. The two CDs are clearly sourced from different mixes and had significant speed differences between tracks. I thought I could solve this by going back to an original 1973 vinyl copy, however this matches neither of the CD versions. Why there should be so much difficulty mastering these at the correct speed is beyond me. I eventually decided to use yet another version, the DCC Steve Hoffman mix. This does thnrow up a few anomolies from the other versions, details of which are below.

Tracks 14-16 Original mono mixes prepared for promo single release.

Track 17 I'm the greatest - Not understanding the significant slowing down of the track for the DCC release I looked further into this and discovered the claim that this is how it was originally intended. At first I was sceptical of this claim, neither the CDs nor the LP playback this slowly, but playing the Best Of - Photograph CD collaborates this. To me, played at the slower speed makes it a bit tired sounding, less bouncy and sing-a-long than I am used to, so I have included it here in it's faster guise.

18 Six O'Clock - The longer version bizzarely included as a bonus track on 'Goodnight Vienna'.

19 You And Me (Babe) - The version on the UK CD is signicantly shorter than the US and DCC versions. Bizzarely, the Captol release version is crossfaded with the previous track (see disc 2). The orignal vinyl version is even shorter but I thought it would be overkill to include it here.

Disc 2

Track 1 It Don't Come Easy (George Harrison Demo) - The remarkably good sounding demo that appeared a few years ago now.

Track 2 I'm The Greatest (John Lennon Demo) - Of course with Ringo on drums, this is the sequence as used in Anthology.

Track 3 It Don't Come Easy (Acetate Version) - Ringo laying down a basic vocal track replacing George's vocals from the demo. Interestingly while without overdubs, Ringo's voice does have reverb added. This version is by RMW

Tracks 4-8, 10-15 The best of what is available onm the Mistral release. This is clearly the worst quality here but I have tried to make it as listenable as possible. i particularly like the exteded ending on Oh My My!

Track 9 It Don't Come Easy - This is the track I spent as much time on as the rest of the album I put together. I found this on the BFB-Rapple boot, 'The 1973 Ringo Album'. There a supposedly 3 different versions on there described as rough mixes. However I was suspicious of this and on closer examination found two versions were identical, apart from their volume and in reality the are the left and right channels of a stereo mix. I have no idea why they were split and they have followed different analog paths because when added back together they drift in and out of phase even when both speed matched. I spent a painstaking amount of time trying to match them back up and while not perfect I think is quite effective. Essentally this is a complete, longer version complete with overdubs, but strangely no reverb on Ringo's vocal at this point.

Track 16 Devil Woman - You And Me (Babe) - As described above, for some reason the US Capitol release has these tracks crossfaded. I present them here as a single track so they will play properly on devices without gapless playback.

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
mitchellmichael

Post by mitchellmichael »

I do have that ATN. I found all of the Deluxe Editions of his albums. I appreciate you asking!!!
Cheers
Mike
funtime

Post by funtime »

AllTogetherNow wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:43 am
mitchellmichael wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:08 am
hkb wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:48 pm oke here some links:

Beaucoups of Blues the acetate version

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/TLYBWaLT#MdmoMpIOP-nWNDh1TRFcRg

FAB! RINGO STARR - THE ODDS AND ENDS COLLECTION VOL.1 1969-78

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/jLJxCQyD#HciqJ8wCh-NnrmRCo95mRg

and one that I already send up:

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/qSxizSZb#9CMxyoWvo3PHBzLZ_E1NOw

PL002 Ringo Starr - Stop And Smell The Roses (Deluxe Edition)\
PL003 Ringo Starr - Bad Boy (Deluxe Edition)\
PL004 Ringo Starr - Beaucoups Of Blues (Deluxe Edition)\
PL005 Ringo Starr - Time Takes Time (Deluxe Edition)\
PL006 Ringo Starr - Ringo The 4th (Deluxe Edition)\
PL007 Ringo Starr - Vertical Man (Deluxe Edition)\
PL008 Ringo Starr - Sentimental Journey (Deluxe Edition) [Phil-Lip]\
PL010 Ringo Starr - Goodnight Vienna (Deluxe Edition)\
PL020 Ringo Starr - Ringo (Deluxe Edition)\
PL021 Ringo's Rotogravure (Deluxe Edition)\
Hi hkb - could you please reupload the Odds & Ends Collection? I though I had downloaded but missed out or misfiled it. I appreciate it!
Hi Excuse my ignorance what is wrong with the version in the above working link?

FAB! RINGO STARR - THE ODDS AND ENDS COLLECTION VOL.1 1969-78
hxxps://mega.nz/folder/jLJxCQyD#HciqJ8wCh-NnrmRCo95mRg

Please inform me.

regards

ATH
Please repost FAB! RINGO STARR - THE ODDS AND ENDS COLLECTION VOL.1 1969-78. Thanks
BradPuett

Post by BradPuett »

Could the Deluxe editions be re-posted? I somehow missed them … I'm especially interested in the “Ringo” one, but being a collector, I'd like to get them all if possible!
hkb

Post by hkb »

delete it
Last edited by hkb on Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beatles2me

Post by beatles2me »

Wow, thank you :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Volker
O1Ghungary

Post by O1Ghungary »

hkb wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:20 pm here the complete serie from Phill

hxxps://mega.nz/folder/SPpkBCAD#4KmGG_n2V3Cp1wSnboz4YQ

There are mainly only empty folders and covers here. Only a few have flacs.
Albedo039

Post by Albedo039 »

I found that too! I know I am getting old but i didn't remember deleting 14 folders of flacs. Please re-up. thank you