Ode to an Oboe Player (2016 Complete Edition) (Unofficial George Martin Compilation)

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
BTL1210

Re: Ode to an Oboe Player (2016 Complete Edition) (Unofficial George Martin Compilation)

Post by BTL1210 »

EXCELLENT stuff - Thank you ....
RunoutGroove

Re: Ode to an Oboe Player (2016 Complete Edition) (Unofficial George Martin Compilation)

Post by RunoutGroove »

Great comp. The Help! Lp is worth having alone. Superb. Deffo the 5th Beatle for me.
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Post by thewarpedvinyljunkie »

I don't ever think I thought of George Martin in the same thought as Mitch Miller...because I never connected the fact that they both began as oboists till now. I'm not sure whether that makes GM the British MM...or vice versa...or neither.
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

"He never wore his shoes; we all knew he was dead."
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but I can't find an accurate track list for this set anywhere online. Does anyone have one?
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

Kwai Chang

Post by Kwai Chang »

This is from a 2015 set I grabbed. It's in mp3@320, I don't know if the track listing is still the same.
These are screenshots...no 'list' to be found. Don't forget the George Martin - In My Life(1998) and
there seems to be a 6CD set called Produced By George Martin: 50 Years Of Recording(date unknown).
KC
thewarpedvinyljunkie

Thank you very much, KC...when I find some free time, I'll compare the lists to the tracks and see how it works.

(BTW, disc 3 track 9...I don't want to be Freudian or anything...but is the Yellow Submarine really a Beatle Girl?)
The Warped Vinyl Junkie

AllTogetherNow

Post by AllTogetherNow »

thewarpedvinyljunkie wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:26 am Thank you very much, KC...when I find some free time, I'll compare the lists to the tracks and see how it works.

(BTW, disc 3 track 9...I don't want to be Freudian or anything...but is the Yellow Submarine really a Beatle Girl?)

Its a Belle by all means ;)

Regards
ATN
Whats in that jar on your shelf? Tar?
No...its liquid Vinyl for making my dream collection.

The one with the Golden lid too?
Thats exclusive for Lord Reiths stuff
TAKRL

Post by TAKRL »

Nice compilation.
Theme One, also covered by Cozy Powell, is one of George Martin's finest non-Beatles work.
Claude_de_Faux

Post by Claude_de_Faux »

Thank you very much !
rick deckard

Post by rick deckard »

Thanks . Nice stuff.