Get Back (Limited Edition) (Masterdisc) - 2CD

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
datters

Re: Get Back (Limited Edition) (Masterdisc) - 2CD

Post by datters »

The jury has been selected, but the verdict has yet to be announced.

I've pre-ordered because of the 5.1.
millerTEK

Post by millerTEK »

The box outtake selection obviously contain outtakes that have a Glyn Johns multitrack source - that's the best quality source to use since everything else is a Nagra source. Of all the Glyn JOhns reels recorded at Apple, we have only experienced items from Anthology, Get Back compilations, etc...lots of multitrack sources remain unreleased, but luckily Nagra sources recorded at the same time and filled in most of the rest. So I'm glad we get to hear more of the actual multitrack sources remastered.

As for no Twickenham items - I get it - those are only from mono Nagra sources and those would just be a waste of space on the box. Peter Jackson's work makes the nagras important - and we will get a good batch with restored video and very possibly those movies will be in surround, too. Including the Rooftop Concert - which with restored video, he can use the Glyn JOhns sources also recorded to make them sound awesome (and in surround)...and the Nagra can fill in the blanks in between the songs (warmups, God Save the queen, etc).

The surround mixes are worth buying the box for sure! - YOu can extract each channel and reveal cleaner isolations of the overdubs later added for the Let It Be album by Spector and instance where a Beatle or 2 returned to Abbey Road to overdub electric piano to Let It Be, and many other tweaks Spector wanted.

There is no way everything we all want will get included - the set would cost too much! Apple has to make these sets to appeal not just to die hard fans, but general audience if they are going to recoup the expenses putting the sets together, remastering, and other requirements. It will be awesome, too - and then I bet Jackson's work will follow with a release - or you can extract it form Disney and make your own blurays and CDs...

So after this project concludes - we need to lobby Apple to get a Revolver and Rubber Soul box (call it a LATE 50th anniversary box!)
s
glami

Post by glami »

Thanks!
Prestonian1966

Post by Prestonian1966 »

beatlefan99 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:54 pm Something to listen to following todays announcement.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Enjoy Guys!
Excellent re-up.....Thank you!