Instrumental Mother Take 64

Bootleg audio discussion for anything John, Paul, George and Ringo
Axkorecords

Instrumental Mother Take 64

Post by Axkorecords »

Take 64 with mixed out vocals was broadcast as an "instrumental bed" on the Lost Lennon Tapes. Has this mix ever been bootlegged? Maybe even with mixed out dialogues? Maybe someone can help... Thanks!
Darth Kybiel

Re: Instrumental Mother Take 64

Post by Darth Kybiel »

I have a stereo instrumental/backingtrack of Mother and Remember I copied from a early 90's DAT tape from a collector in New York. They aren't the final takes, but then again it didn't say what take numbers they were. No clue what the material was sourced from and it wasn't all John Lennon on the DAT tape. The bulk was Pink Floyd The Wall Live in Nassau New York 'distance reel A' whatever the heck that meant since it sounds like the normal bootlegged concert. When I get home from the recording studio I'll look on my external hard drive for the tracks then post them. I'm trying to see if I can get my own album released by the end of the week.
Tootai

Post by Tootai »

Darth Kybiel wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:38 pm I have a stereo instrumental/backingtrack of Mother and Remember I copied from a early 90's DAT tape from a collector in New York. They aren't the final takes, but then again it didn't say what take numbers they were. No clue what the material was sourced from and it wasn't all John Lennon on the DAT tape. The bulk was Pink Floyd The Wall Live in Nassau New York 'distance reel A' whatever the heck that meant since it sounds like the normal bootlegged concert. When I get home from the recording studio I'll look on my external hard drive for the tracks then post them. I'm trying to see if I can get my own album released by the end of the week.
Oh I guess these are lost too. You're pretty bad at actually keeping unbootlegged music, a lot of claims, zero proof.
zappaf78

Post by zappaf78 »

Axkorecords wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:24 am Take 64 with mixed out vocals was broadcast as an "instrumental bed" on the Lost Lennon Tapes. Has this mix ever been bootlegged? Maybe even with mixed out dialogues? Maybe someone can help... Thanks!
It is traded privately by high-end collectors. It has not been bootlegged. I think the tape source included some Double Fantasy backing tracks too? Unsure if this was Lennon's private reel or was a fresh transfer of the master tape just for the Lost Lennon Tape radio series.
Tootai

Post by Tootai »

This was in reference to Darth's never ending list of lost unbootlegged tapes.
Doug

Post by Doug »

This comes from BARC [Beatles Archive] 91 - one of the tapes sent to the Lost Lennon Tapes people.
It contained:

1. I Found Out (take 3)
2. Well Well Well (take 4)
3. Working Class Hero (take 9)
4. Mother (take 64) (backing track)